Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 149

    Beach BBQ

    October 2, 2015 in Honduras ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    A loud crack of thunder woke us up just after 6am and it started to pour down. We all went back to sleep and it continued to rain for a few hours. After a nice long sleep we headed to breakfast at Hotspot cafe and I had a huge bowl of fruit (70L), Anna had a fruit crepe (90L) and Hannah had a nutella crepe - she claims it had too much nutella which makes me think she might have sunstroke. It didn't stop her joining us for a cinnamon roll though.

    Then it was chill time. Hannah and I lay in hammocks whilst the lobster hid inside. Hannah and Anna later went to the Iguana Research Centre (donations only) to see some Swamper iguanas but didn't stay long as there were literally hundreds of mozzies vying for their blood! I meanwhile was happily dozing in the sun on the docks - the wind was keeping the bugs away and the temperature was just perfect. They came back and went snorkelling off the dock, however couldn't see a thing due to silt from the rainwater run-off. We then all went for a quick sunset kayak (free). We found a patch of jumping fish and hoped dolphins might come and investigate but flipper & co must have been busy.

    There was a beach BBQ at the hostel in the evening (120L). I had a quick veggie fajita instead from the bar (70L). It took them a while to get the BBQ going (they resorted to using dive tank oxygen!) and then ages to cook enough food for everyone. There were free shots, some of the best fire poi I've ever seen by DM Jordi and another guy, and beer pong. We didn't join in as we have an early dive tomorrow morning, however it was a lovely atmosphere and the mozzies were kept at bay with insect coils everywhere.
    Read more