Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Desert Adventure

    March 28, 2017 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    I got picked up for my desert safari by Ahmed driving a plain 4 wheel drive and the adventure began from that moment! As we collected more people and drove to our destination in the desert he drove like an absolute maniac! As we sped at up to 140 km/hour he wove around the lanes (no indicators of course,they seem entirely optional here) while tailgating those in his way and simultaneously having furious conversations in Arabic on his phone. He asked us with a wicked glint every now and then if we liked his driving. What was it going to be like on the desert!

    It actually was so much fun hooning around the desert, as we had realised he was actually in full control all the time (or was a good bluffer!).He delighted in making us shriek and often took a path with no other tire marks to add to the adventure. We stopped for photos and eventually made it safely to the desert camp We had some surprisingly yummy food (given it was a touristy affair) and some great entertainment with belly dancers and fire eaters!. I made friends with three lovely young Swedish girls and was so glad I went on this little adventure.
    Read more