Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Lucca & Cinque Terre

    May 24, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    After Tuscany, it was on to Lucca, a small town that boasts something unique, a huge, perfectly preserved defensive city wall 4 km long, 12 m high, and nearly 30 m wide. By the standards of the day, it was an ideal defence system, never attacked since 1430. The walls may have been built to keep people out, but these days they are one of the reasons thousands of visitors flock here every year. Wide and tree-lined, they make the perfect spot for a walk or a bike ride.

    Along an isolated six-mile stretch of the Italian Riviera lies the Cinque Terre — five (cinque) small, traffic-free towns amazingly carved out of seaside cliffs. There isn't a Fiat or museum in sight — just sun, sea, sand, and wine. The Cinque Terre is a national park where all can enjoy the villages, hiking, swimming, boat rides, and evening romance of one of God’s great gifts to tourism. We spent our day hiking from Monterosso to Vernazza, exploring the villages, and sitting at a seaside bar enjoying some local wines. A great way to finish our three week trip to Croatia & Italy.

    So that’s a wrap for now!! Hope you enjoyed our travel blog. Until the next time, bon journo!! 😄😄😄
    Read more