Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Zagreb, Croatia

    July 1, 2022 in Croatia ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    The train that crossed into Croatia was our first train with no air conditioning and the windows down the entire way. It was a bit different than the usual, but we lucked out with a cabin to ourselves. All the wind noise made for a good atmosphere that allowed the girls to be noisy and then pass out asleep. I kinda like the fresh air and warm breeze personally. Also, the countryside was beautiful.

    At the train stops, the girls always wanna sit but there are not usually seats. We have them sit on our feet. They often make a feet sitting train as shown in our pictures. It makes me feel a little better inside eventhough they are basically on the ground. Also, for your enjoyment I added pictures that depict the phases of Mabel on a train.

    We made it into Croatia. I think we are in a city equivalent to being in downtown Dallas, but older buildings. I think we landed on the other side of the tracks here. We are headed to an island next and had to pass through the capital to break up the trip for the girls. If you come to Croatia, you won't miss much if you skip the capital. At least we didn't find anything great in our short time here.

    We still did some exploring and had a very nice, full apartment that was excellent for some down time. This place even had a washing machine for us! We tried to go on an open air train tour, but it was cancelled or just didn't exist. We're not sure. We opted to hit the little zoo here for a few hours instead. The girls especially enjoyed their variety of snakes and amphibians. I loved getting to see the cool birds.

    Next up we head to the coast. Just a six hour train ride, two hour boat ride, and a thirty minute walk. Seth insists that we never take a three hour tour on a boat.
    Read more