Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Brno, Czech

    August 8, 2022 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    We traveled under two hours by train and the girls had lots of dance moves before we hopped on. They seemed to have slept well and awakened with lots of energy. Easy travel day!

    We stayed in the coolest place! This was a spot that did not list parking, so we likely would have missed this option online if we were not traveling by train. The windows were a gorgeous historic type window which opened fully with no screens and were kippable. Adding windows that kip to my list of hopes for our "forever" home. The apartment was on a corner with multiple windows that overlooked the cities stone streets and baroque architecture. We could people watch and enjoy the cool breeze from our little apartment near the center of town. Yes, a cool breeze in August. Wow!

    We strolled to the center of town to check out the city. In the heart of the square flowed the Parnas Fountain surrounded by a farmer's market, along with an ice cream stand. The girls enjoyed a lovely strawberry sorbet. We stumbled upon another fountain that just begged the girls to get in, only it was very slippery. They played on the stairway fountain for at least an hour. Addy slipped a couple times, but no real injury. I did see several adults try it and nearly bust it. They were such sweet girls and took good care of each other. I was nervous the entire time. They kept holding hands and going down together. The bigs also went one in front and one behind, so they could catch Mabel if she tumbled. So sweet! I just love these girls. Next, the girls raced leaves down the flowing staircase to see which one could win.

    The girls ended up much more wet than we planned for and Mabel's shorts kept falling off. The falling off posed more of a concern than walking around in undies, so she walked around in her undies.

    Later that evening, Mabel cut her baby toe on her left foot really gnarly. So much skin hanging off and blood gushing that I was concerned about her needing stitches. Luckily, she did not need stitches. We just kept her bandaged up for several days.

    And we are off again...
    Read more