Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 9

    Crowds at Le Mont Saint-Michel

    3. maj, Frankrig ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Arrived about midday to a vast car park and were directed towards a dedicated camper-van area which was about as far away as is possible to get. After a brew we started the long pilgrimage to the Mont. I had read advice not to come in the morning because there would be school trips and the afternoon would be a better time to visit. How wrong could they be!...it was absolutely heaving with people. All the way from the car park, an hours walk to mont saint michel there were so so many people. We went along anyway but in truth it wasn’t at all a pleasant experience, couldn’t see anything but people, we were packed together like sardines. If you know anything about Darren and I you’ll understand how this made us feel. I’m surprised Darren didn’t just flip out like Taz of Tasmania and send French folk flying from the buttresses in all directions. But beyond any expectation we both managed to keep our cool. So very proud of Bliss too who took it all in her stride.
    After a short while we left for the long walk back to the van feeling quite disappointed and mildly stressed out.
    But then Darren informed me that it was open 24hours as it’s basically a village, people actually live there. We decided to get up at dawn and go back then, hopefully it will be quieter and a much better experience right?
    Got to bed early and set the alarm for 5:30am… Will I actually get up?
    Læs mere