Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 15

    Got a bit ticked off!!

    9. maj, Frankrig ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We had some chores to do today, a little shopping. Filled up with fuel and found a washing machine and tumble dryer to get our clothes clean and dry. Washing machines at the fuel station...inspired idea!
    We had high hopes for the place we had planned for tonight as the reviews on P4N were all good. When we turned up there was one other van there, a French couple with their little boy who waved hello to us as we arrived. We immediately got out to go for a walk which we were all keen to do after feeling a bit cooped up the last couple of days because the river stops did lack decent walks. The place was very interesting with woodland paths and lots of hills and crater like holes in amongst rock formations. In rocky areas there were lots of little lizards 🦎 scurrying around our feet. Of course this was extremely exciting for Bliss who had to be put back on her lead so she didn’t try to catch them and eat them! They were pretty quick though so I’m not sure she would have been very successful.
    On returning to the van we soon regretted the lovely walk we had just had! The next two hours were spent removing the hundreds of tiny ticks that Bliss had picked up, and several on ourselves too!! Cringing 😬 we decided that as soon as we woke up in the morning we were out of there! Darren did a bit of research and discovered that we were right in the middle of the very worst area for ticks and Lyme disease 🦠 in the whole of France. Tomorrow was going to be a long drive to get as far as possible away from the area.
    Læs mere