Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Basic Buzzfeed Biotches

    June 27, 2016 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Touchdown in Prague! After a very nice flight on Ryanair (surprisingly) we grabbed our bags and started on our adventure. We ventured to the bus and navigated our way on that plus 2 metros to get to the airbBnB we were staying at. After being pointed in the right direction by a lovely lady at the Hilton, we cound the apartment we were staying at on top of a beautiful restaurant called Grand Cru. The waiters gave us the keys and showed us the apartment... Which was HUGE. Honestlyy there were 2 giant bedrooms with 2 beds in them each, a licing area, kitchen, and bathroom ALL TO OURSELVES. AirbNb is definitely highly recommended.

    So the first things we do (obviously) is wash our clothes on the bathtub. The three of us became human washing machines and used our vast muscle strength to irrigate the water and then to dry it all out after... Honestly most hilarious thing ever.

    Anywayyyy after hanging the clothes, we ambled off into Prague to explore! It was a beautiful stroll.. We took in the sights and amazing architecture (honestly this was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen) and walked across the famous St. Charles Bridge where we rubbed a statue for good luck.

    After all of this, Taylor reminded us of an ice cream that is famous in Prague because its INSIDE A CONE SHAPED DONUT. No seriously HOW AMAZING DOES THAT SOUND???? So we stole some (shitty) Starbucks wifi and found the original store that invented it and was featured on Buzzfeed. The store was called Good Food and let me tell you........ They were not lying.

    These are fries cone donuts with APPLE STRUDEL INSIDE AND CHOCOLATE ON THE BOTTOM AND ICE CREAM ON TOP AND OMG THEY WERE FREAKING AMAZING AHHHHHH.

    So as we sat outside ob the bench and ate those little piecea of heaven, a Canadian woman was standing in front of us reading the sign (iI coild tell because her hat waa from Aritzia). We chatted with her and her fiance for a while aboit life anx decided to try and find a grocery store to pick up food for lunch and dinner the next day.

    After making a brief pitstop at a fountain to pet a dog (obviously) and attempting to crash a bunch of bachelor parties, we found a store. Im not going to go too much into it because the lady at the counter was RUDE AS ALL HELL AND TRIED TO STEAL 50KRC FROMB US but it was mostly an uneventful experience.

    The wall home, though long, was wonderful .. Until it started to absolutely downpour. Honestlybit didnt even matter because we were so exhausted and happy that we just madebour way home, soaking but smiling.

    Thats it for day 1! More shenanigans to follow
    Read more