Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Just wipe it off and use it again later!

    June 28, 2016 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    HERE WE ARE IN AMSTERDAM OMGGGGGGGGG.

    We got to the bus station at around 930am and headed into the terminal to take the subway into the city. We found our way and arrived at Amsterdam Central Station and walked out of the doors to see the beautiful canal and buildings all around. We found our way to the hotel (which... Its slightly smaller than all of our other rooms so far and only has wifi in the lobby BUT the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean, so no more complaints).

    We were still early, so we stored our bags and headed into the city to explore! First stop was to the Van Gogh museum where we saw the work and life of an amazing Dutch painter. It truly was inspiring to See his progression as an artist and decent into madness. We left thoroughly inspired and in search of food.

    As we walked through the streets, we stumbled upon a cute little italian restaurant where i had a phenomenal caprise salad and the best calzone i have had in my entire life! We sat and chatted, enjoying the rest before heading out into the city to explore some more.

    Dont ask me how, but someone we ended up at Lush (we are so basic) and chatted with the sales associate.. When we told him about our travels and how tored we were, he called over another associate and PAMPERED us. I mean, hand scrub, hand cream, face toner, mask, scrub, cream, eye cream and tea tree oil spray. We honestly needed it so badly, and felt instantly refreshed as we left.

    Once we hit a grocery store and navigated our way home (we are really pros at this whole being local thing) we all showered, repacked, and are currently sitting in the lobby stealing the wifi and eating fruit. It was a wonderful day, can't wait to explore some more tomorrow!!

    🌿 #sbteurotrip
    Read more