Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Share your talent!

    June 30, 2016 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Day 3 in Amsterdam... Yay! Today we didnt really have much on the agenda, so we got up (thanks to the church bells AGAIN) and headed out to start the day! Firat stop was the red light district (too see what its like during the day) and to visit an amazing candy store called Candy Freaks! When we were walking through, we noticed that a lot of girls were just getting setting up for the day, so once again there was not a lot to report.

    We continued on and fpind the store of my dreams... A candy store with literally some of THE best candy I have ever TASTED. most of it was vegan, organic, and all natural.. All of it waa delicious. After grabbing some candy, we wanted to make sure we hit the I Amsterdam sign so we headed to the free (!) ferry that takes you across the bay to northern amsterdam 24 hours a day.

    On the way we had to walk through central station, nd we noticed a group of girls standing around a piano singing while a man played it and three people were social dancing. We noticed that the floor had a sign saying "share your talent" and realized that these people had all come together randomly to do something that thwy loved. Of course, Shaunessa and Taylor were prodding me to go in and dance... So after some convincing I did. I absolutely loved it! The girla sang "say something" followed by "hallelujah" and I honestlu felt so free dancing in front of the crowd that gathered to watch.

    After I was done, we headed to the ferry once again, me just a tad sweaty and winded. After boarding the ferry we got to the othwr side and made a B-line to the I Amsterdam sign. We made frienda with a cute girl from the Philippines who was on a layover while working on a cruise and ahe took some pictures for us woth the sign. We also checked out the museum of film and the arts briefly before heading back to sout Amsterdam.

    Once we got back, we knew we had a few more things to grab and - though it started to absolutely POUR - we braved the weather and went shopping anyway! Canadians, eh?

    After perusing some more, yhe rain slowed a bit and we headed back to the hostel where we caught a nice nap. Something about rainy weather juat makes you want to curl up and sleep!

    Right now we are in the lobby bar stealing wifi and blogging before packing up... Next stop, Brussels!
    Read more