Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Isn't there a song about Bugles?

    July 12, 2016 in Portugal ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Today is our last full day in Porto and we dexided to take advantage of our house and have a BEACH DAY!!! We go up and ready, grabbed the screen Carla left for us (why?) and headed down to the beach.

    As we approached, we realized everyone had giant screena around them.. And we quickly found out why. As Porto/Miramar is on the Atlantic and near a river, the wind is strong and constant... So the screen came in handy. We all slept on the beach for a bit and Taylor and I made sure to "get in" to the Atlantic Ocean because
    ...
    How cool is it that Taylor and I have been in the Atlantic Ocean on BOTH SIDES?

    After we were mostly frozen, we decided to head into the Miramar city for some food! What we found was fresh Portugese bread (for .80 € and OMG YUM)... And Somersby Cider. For 2€ a bottle. Omg.

    After drinking our lunch, we headed to the supermarket where we picked up some spaghetti and Somersby. Which was 4€ for a 4 pack.

    So we headed back to our apartment to shower, pack, and hang out at Carlas apartment for a bit (where we tried Portugese coffee, beer and chocolate cake and played with their amazing dog Kaisen!) before drinking our dinner!

    We decided to play some card games while we had pre-seperation anxiety from Portugal and trying to figure out how to get to the airport tomorrow morning. We are currently finishing our last Somersby and watching storage wars with Portugese subtitles before bed - and Greece happens in the AM!

    Ps. Shaunessa leaves tomorrow but I don't want to talk about it because that's depressing as sh*t and I don't believe it will happen until it does.

    Ps Have I mentioned how much I love Portugal?
    Read more