Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    København

    July 1, 2017 in Denmark ⋅ ⛅ 59 °F

    No brico adventure would be complete without the obligatory 1km+ trek to our hotel towing the luggage. Despite some concern about losing a wobbly suitcase wheel, we still proceeded to pull our luggage across the city's cobblestone sidewalks and streets from the train stop to First Hotel 27.

    After freshening up at the hotel, we stopped at a small cafe for espresso and a chocolate croissant. We continued our stroll down a pedestrian street full of food stalls and shops. From one of the squares, we ventured up to the top floor of a shopping center that offered lofty views of Copenhagen.

    Even with less than ideal weather, packed outdoor cafes line the streets, outfitted with blankets and heat lamps to keep patrons warm. These outdoor cafes create a laid back vibe all over town that we wish was more prevalent in the US. We stopped at a waterfront cafe/brewery that had several local beers on tap. We enjoyed watching small boats with picnic tables and passengers enjoying alcoholic beverages of their choice motor by.

    From there, we continued our walk to the Nyhavn canal. What was once an area full of bars and drunken sailors, Nyhavn is now one of the most popular places to visit in the city. Colorful houses and decades old sailboats line the canal, making it very picturesque and charming. It was also very touristy. So we found a restaurant at least 10 mins walk away from the crowds. Afterwards, we called it an early night even at 9 though the clouds had cleared and there was still plenty of daylight to be had.
    Read more