Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 Copenhagen to Harewood

    August 4, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    It was a travel day, Copenhagen to Harewood. Usual things to expect; train, plane , bus, car, queue, questions, wait. Repeat.

    Thanks to all our neighbours we were up with plenty of time to make the plane.

    Thinking the airport might be air conditioned we were at the station by 6:40 (the flight was 10:10 with a 13 minute train trip so it was never going to be close run thing). As it turned out it may have been but it wasn’t as we know it.

    Past the morning meeting of the Copenhagen Collective of Ladies of the Street Corner and a number of hopefully hangover suffering locals and an easy ride Copenhagen Lufthavn.

    When you travel with cheap airlines you expect to walk to the opposite end of the terminal to check in, the other end to go through security, back to the other end to board. We had almost walked to Manchester.
    Most entertaining was the three elderly Americans grappling with self checkin and baggage drop. They were eventually handheld through the process, although the lady whose hand luggage looked like it had exploded and whose booked luggage was already overweight is probably still trying to make the gate.

    Car pickup at Manchester where the line was as long as the one trying to get on the plane. The Hertz agent told me he was going to get a coffee but realised he’d be lynched if he left the counter. Wise call.

    Easy drive to Harewood to the fine residence of Kate, David and Charlie and a delightful walk in the local woods and a chicken curry in the backyard to round off the day.

    Charlie was at first a little reluctant to talk to Mark (a view held by many young children) but relented when she realised that he didn’t colour in between the lines as well as she did and need some instruction.

    Early sort of night and an most enjoyable day. Always is when your transport gets you where you hope.
    Read more