Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    A short night and Berlin in a Fugue

    September 7, 2018 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    640 flight from Manchester to Berlin, what could go wrong.
    Early night as we planned to be up at 3:50.
    Well for some reason it was 1:10 and then:I’ll get up soon, are you still awake as well, is it almost time to get up, is it light outside.
    Eventually 3:50 came and we went.
    Manchester Terminal 1 the home of the low cost airline was it’s usual absolutely packed self with security to match.

    Friday is national UK “lets fly to any localtion that’s not here day” and every type of citizen gets to dress inappropriately and move in swarms.
    One of the best was the collection of grannies with matching purple tee shirts and individualised texts on the front.
    The lady with “Cheeky Tits” was someones probably someones grandmother !!!!! Fortunately none of the Hens Parties were on our plane. Pity the Spanish.

    Eventually made Berlin but the day was gettinga little long.

    Mark was obviously trying to apologies for the second half of the trip as the accommodation is the size of our grannyflat and in a Newtown/Paddington cross type of area. That means quite hip but upmarket. That means bits of grot but you still pay the premium.

    Wlak around for a a couple of hours in jet lagged like fog, eat Vietnamese form across the road for a 3pm lunch, see a Church, some more walking, more fog, shop for a dinner at home and very early night.

    It is believed that Bernadette managed to sleep standing up at one stage.

    We are definitely not bouncing back these days.

    Berlin very nice, loe rise, very flat ( a good thing ) and hopefully will be clearer on Saturday.
    Read more