Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    KL Goodbye

    July 26, 2022 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    After visiting the market we made our way back to the bus en route to the airport.
    Because Islam is the main religion in Malaysia there are lots of mosques 🕌 and they are characterized mostly by domes and or spires.
    They are found in most areas of KL. Another interesting aspect of KL is the presence of some really old run down places very close to the middle of the city.
    When you consider the price of real estate in most central city areas these old run down houses are probably worth a small fortune.
    Our tour guide shared a story of a place closer to the centre of KL which was similarly rundown and whose owner had been offered an enormous sum of money to sell up and had politely refused because it had been the family home for many generations.
    It was also the only time that I managed to get a shot of the Petronas Towers building.
    Malaysia is obviously a progressive SE Asian country judged by the number of skyscrapers in and around the CBD yet it still has a third world economy in many respects especially when you consider the base wage and earnings potential.
    Read more