Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Birthday celebration!

    September 19, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    I'm 28 today! Starting the four days per year that Tyler and I are the same numeric age. The day started with a nice FaceTime chat with my mom followed by another hearty breakfast at the hotel.

    We decided to take in the Deutsche Museum. It did not disappoint! The walk would have been 30 minutes if we went directly but we chose to take a scenic route. We found an interesting square with outdoor market shops set up. Tyler bought me a small bunch of mini roses which I'm going to wear in my hair tonight. The produce and flowers looked so fresh and it was clear we stumbled into an area a bit less touristy and more authentic.

    We eventually got to the Deutsche museum and spent some time exploring the exhibits. The highlights were the interactive energy exhibit (according to the test Tyler has a social conscience and I believe in science), physics section and the pharmaceutical display.

    After the museum, we went back the way we came and stopped at Eataly (basically a big Italian marketplace). A glass of wine and pasta seemed like an excellent birthday lunch! "What is this red liquid drink that isn't beer? -caption for the photo of Tyler. We did a bit of souvenir shopping on our way through old Munich on our way back to the hotel.

    Now we are back at the hotel and going to go to Oktoberfest for our last evening in Munich!
    Read more