Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 101

    Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 2 of 3

    25. april 2023, De forente arabiske emirater ⋅ ☀️ 88 °F

    Al Maha - DINNER 2 of 3

    We then drove a short distance to the tents where we were given a customary Arabic Bakhoor welcome with all the pomp and circumstance … the smells were amazing.

    We were welcomed and participated in the traditional Al Ayyala dance as we entered the camp site. Al Ayala is the stick dance, one of the most famous traditional dances of the UAE. Al Ayala is a dance form that simulates war, with a deep beat of the Al Ras (large drum), which sets up a tempo for the Takhamir drums, which are smaller in size. It exemplifies the ethos and gallantry of Bedouin (nomadic Arab people) life and reinforces the values of dignity and honor.

    Following through a line of greeters who offered smiles (and wine), we found beautifully set tables with more wine & champagne and appetizers while sitting in traditional Arabic style low cushion seating. We sat under the desert stars while eating an incredible meal from the five-star Al Maha Luxury Resort (see the menu) where the food tasted as wonderful as it smelled as they barbequed and served other traditional dishes.
    Les mer