Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 24

    Be careful what you wish for ....

    11 agosto 2023, Stati Uniti ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    "Be careful what you wish for
    'Cause you just might get it all
    You just might get it all
    And then some you don't want ... "
    --- HOME by Daughtry ---

    8-11-23 Today would have been my father’s 100th birthday. Twenty years ago it was very rare to live a full life and arrive at 100 years old and still be relatively healthy. He had serious health issues for many years so that it was not likely. Today it is not so rare to be 100 years old. I posted in FB some thoughts about my father after spending some serious time reflecting back to growing up and chatting with others about his life. Thinking of him today, as we celebrate Aimee’s birthday beginning with breakfast and special bagels (see separate post) until way after sunset.

    We started with a walk in the park where we met Julie but was rained out once we were there (and had some police distractions) but then we did not let that stop our walk as we found an indoor track to walk. Then we did important birthday cake shopping and having a relaxing afternoon with cocktails. After taking a break in the afternoon so Aimee could take in all the well-wishing birthday calls, chat, texts, and messages, we got ready for dinner and went to Thorns in Des Plaines for a delicious meal and cocktails (see photos).

    The highlight of the evening was the DAUGHTRY concert. This was the second stop on his “Bare Bones” tour at the Rivers Casino. It began with a good but mellow set by Ayron Jones. Then we were treated to this intimate, small venue, acoustic concert with only about 500 people. Daughtry played many of his oldest and best-known hits (i.e, like HOME, the lyrics used in our marriage vows) as well as a few new songs including we celebrated a new release that literally came out TODAY called “Artificial”. Lots of singing and dancing.

    Great night was celebrated by all, brought back wonderful memories and created new ones!
    Leggi altro