Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Camino Day 5 - Calzadilla de laCueza

    August 29, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    Another group dinner last night with old friends and new ones. The food was ok but the company was fantastic. Three courses, plus wine for 14 euro.
    We had prebooked tonight's accommodation along with all our new friends as it was Aussie Anna's (who lives in Barcelona) birthday today, and we wanted to celebrate together.
    So we left a little later, 7:30 ish, and headed for Carrion de los Condes for breakfast. The 4 km walk there was extremely painful, to the point I was considering a bus. At the stop, I performed some required surgery, along with some great pain killers and felt fine to continue.
    5 km's down the road we started walking on an old Roman road that was 2000 years old. Could not see any resemblance to Romans whatsoever. This road was 11.5 km long and felt it would go on forever. Straight, flat, no trees, just small gravel that found its way into my shoes.
    This was a tough day.
    Hollie had a tough day as well, in tears for about 2 hours, not from the walk, but we think a "Camino cleanse". All good now.
    We finally made it to our albergue, WHICH HAD A POOL!!
    So about 10 of us made here for tonight to celebrate, eat and drink too Anna's birthday.
    Regardless of how much crap you go through each day, at the end, you are still grateful for the experience and the people around you.
    We have now completed 111kms.
    Not bad, not at all.
    Bring on tomorrow.
    Read more