Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Camino Day 23 - Ferreiros

    September 16, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    After a rest (nap) in the afternoon we heard loud noise from the end of the street so we all got to to see what it was. It was our Korean friends performing with their drums. It was so great to see them in their full dress and performing a typical Korean act. They were really good.
    Headed out of Sarria early to be confronted with a scene from the walking dead.
    Sarria is typically where 90% of pilgrims start their Camino as you are only required to complete 100km to receive your Compestella.
    The last few days we were seeing a few people now the trail is well and truly packed.
    A few hills to contend with but again a short day for us with only 15kms to walk.
    Meet up again with our new Camino friends from New York State, Doug and Denise, and managed to have a drink with them at a couple of different places today.
    Arrived at our allergies by noon, after dodging a few bus loads of "Touregrinos", the opposite to Peregrino, who travel by bus and then get out just outside a town and walk in to get their Pilgrim stamp. Each to their own I guess.
    Nice modern albergue tonight with a restaurant opposite.
    Read more