Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 11 Berlin to Corfu

    May 22, 2019 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    From a drizzly morning in Berlin to brilliant sunshine and the blue-est ocean in Corfu! And the people are so much more friendly and relaxed.
    Easyjet was smoothe, sat next to the only german extroverts in berlin who said his Australian boss said he had a laugh like an australian native bird. And he did just like a kookaburra.
    Corfu town looked gorgeous so walked round the bay viewing the old fort and the new fort, through the venetian Liston Square, then hit the tourist shops and started to get a bit disallusioned in the search for an authentic ouzo stop.
    Then i stumbled on the Mikro Cafe with outside tables stretching up some steps with a decent greek crowd which was perfect.
    Stuck up conversation with greek (via NY) and italian couple living in Milan. Unbelievably his son owns a B&B in Lecce and a few months ago i booked 3 nights at the very B&B for Sept! Micro cosmos !
    They come to Corfu every year so showed me the best galataboureko shop (also home made risogala) which had been there since 1945. Apparently they usually have a mound of butter on the counter.
    Got terribly lost getting home as i had left in daylight and hadnt got my online maps sorted... anyway back now.
    Read more