Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 123

    Florida to the Exumas

    February 8, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 48 °F

    We returned to Florida from Maine on January 11th, provisioned and grabbed the first good weather window we could see. For our eighth season to the Bahamas, we headed out the St. Lucie Inlet on January 20th and had an easy overnight passage across the Bahama Banks. We cleared into Customs and spent 2 nights at Chubb Cay Marina in the southern Berry Islands. We then moved east to Bonds Cay to wait for good conditions to stage at Athol Island near Nassau. We arrived in the northern Exumas January 27th, the earliest we can remember!

    We started off at Long Cay SW, a new spot for us. We were able to take advantage of some of the best snorkeling spots we've ever seen as the conditions stayed benign for days. After 6 nights there the winds and seas picked up and we moved down to Little Pipe Cay, The Mice and Sampson Cays, 3 of our favorite protected spots to anchor. We're presently at Black Point and plan to continue south. Although we generally prefer the quieter, more secluded anchorages, we decided it would be fun to return to Georgetown this year. We'll have friends there and It will be our first time there since 2015! From there, who knows!
    Read more