Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Saigon/Ho Chi Minh

    October 15, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    We stayed in Saigon from the 15-17th October.
    On the 15th we travelled from our boat in the Mekong delta to Saigon so we just relaxed at the hotel pool in the afternoon before exploring the main city market and then going out for dinner. I may have over ordered….I asked for a fish which I thought would just be a normal sized portion but it was a massive fish with a whole plate of vegetables, rice papers and rice noodles along with like 5 pots of sauces. Was really good though.
    On the 16th we started the day by travelling to the Chi Chi tunnels. This was really interesting as we got to see the tunnels and go in them (conquered my clostraphobia, the tunnels are TINY) as well as being shown all the different traps used and how the local people lived during the war. We then travelled back to Saigon where we explored both the Independence Palace and the War reunification museum. I enjoyed the independence palace but i much preferred the museum. If you have any doubts about the US being evil, go here…. very heartbreaking what the Vietnamese people had to suffer due to their actions. We then just looked around the french quarter (the notre dame was under renovation 😭) which was very pretty. In the evening we went to a cool rooftop restaurant with great views of the city skyline.
    Looked around the city a bit more on the morning of the 17th (there was a massive fire next to the market) before heading to the airport to fly to Hanoi 🤩🤩.
    Read more