Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Hanoi

    October 17, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Hanoi from the 17-19th.
    On the 17th we just checked into the hotel, walked around the city a bit and then went out for dinner. Went to a really nice rooftop restaurant (I found it 😌) with amazing views of the lake and skyline.
    On the 18th we started the day by visiting the Temple of literature and then the Ethnology museum. It was really interesting to learn about the exams that Vietnamese students had to take many centuries ago and all the different ethnic groups in Vietnam and how their languages and way of living have developed over time. The temple of literature was very very pretty. There were also loads of nursery kids who kept waving at us, it was really cute. We then went to Hao Lo prison where Vietnamese prisoners were held under french colonisation and then were American soldiers were held under the Vietnamese government. We also visited train street which was a really cool place.
    In the afternoon I just wondered around some more and found this really chill cafe with about 5 floors. The food was really good, very cool interior and an amazing french jazz playlist 🤩🤩also cute to see loads of local students studying in there together.
    In the evening we went to a rooftop restaurant and had dinner before heading to a bar and then going back to the hotel.
    On the 19th we left in the morning for Halong bay.
    Read more