Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Hol to Rauland

    July 8, 2022 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    I guess today was a final goodbye to western Norway as we begin our journey out to Oslo and then down towards Sweden and Denmark. It was a wonderful goodbye, with the weather finally turning out sunny (or at least not rainy!). Our aim was to visit some final fjords and waterfalls before getting onto the E365 west to our Airbnb for tonight at Rauland.

    We had a late start after packing up our bags after our day of organising yesterday and set off to Vorringfossen waterfall, not just for the epic view but also code and some lunch. Neither disappointed, two cappuccinos, a chicken focaccia and and apple cake ☺️😋 then the most out of this world view of the waterfall and fjord beyond. I even attempted to get my drone out but not sure how good the footage is!

    It was wonderful to spend the day back with Chez after a solo ride yesterday, these places are better shared. We still had some 4 hours left to reach our Airbnb so we hit the road in search of more views, more coffee and some petrol. Ringoy, was a wonderful little village on the edge of the fjord as was Tyssedal.

    Our final waterfall was Latefossen, another epic but not quite on the scale of Vorringfossen. We met some other bikers and finally got our stickers for Norway before hitting the road once more for bed. Annoyingly, even with all my planning, we managed to hit the same traffic over the mountain that we had two days previously and although the weather was much better, it was tiresome to wait so long on the same patch of tarmac. When we finally reached Rauland, we were both tired and slightly achy. Time for sleep!

    HIGHLIGHTS - Vorringfossen waterfall cake, focaccia and coffee, riding with Chez again
    LOW POINTS - repeat of the mountain traffic
    ROADS - Route 7, 13
    Read more