Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Split to Arzignano

    August 8, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Back on the bike today and now in our 11th country of the trip! Our ferry docked this morning at about 8.30 and we all charged off in random chaotic mid direction. Similar to getting on actually.

    During the ferry ride we met two other groups of riders, both were Italian and both pretty amazing. There was one couple travelling back from Montenegro on their Tenere and then another husband and wife team each riding their own BMW GS1200 and heading back from a reccie for their tour company Terra Piloti Motori. They are based in Tavullia, which was why we were heading and also Rossi’s village where he grew up. It was lovely to speak to them all and find out about their adventures in broken English.

    So onto Italy! Today we rode 340km north up towards Trento and Lake Garda. It got hotter throughout the day so we stopped often for water but it felt good to be back on the bike and getting some miles under our belts. Italy has some very typically Italian views… and drivers! It’s pretty fun to be weaving in and out of traffic and people just moving out of your way, it all feels very efficient!

    One stop as mentioned, was Rossi’s hometown, Tavullia, where there was a Yellow Park for kids dedicated to his life and dotted with his mascots and logos. There was also a memorabilia shop for the super fans. It’s a beautiful little place that has been put on the map due to a funny charismatic little Italian with a huge smile and good heart.

    340km we’re now at a quirky huge Airbnb in the foothills of the Italian Alps, eating a small dinner of apples, yogurts and madeleine cakes before bed and the wobbly ride into the mountains!

    HIGHLIGHTS - the Yellow Park at Tavullia
    LOW POINTS - the ferry
    Read more