Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Arzignano to Temù

    August 9, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Fantastic day today and I’m writing this back under canvas in the Italian Alps with a beautiful view of the mountains beyond.

    Not many miles covered, but rather scenic routes and a stop at Lake Garda for some lunch in the sunshine. bellisimo! We left our BnB this morning, after a relaxing morning reading with a lush view, with a taster of the Alps and some incredible hairpins winding down through the vineyards of northern Italy. Who knew that we were in wine region?! The BnB has a huge mirror which we obviously took full advantage of before. Then we hit the road riding past Verona unfortunately without stopping due to the heat and being in full biking gear! Never a fun mix! Instead we made a beeline for Lazise on the shores of Lake Garda to drink a glass of wine and eat wonderful salad in the sunshine. It was glorious! Our waiter, Antonio (of course) was full of charm and we’re off to Brazil with him in November.

    Full of yummy food we decided to veto the shoreline ride in bad traffic and headed along the Italian highways north to our stop for the next few days. It seems we’re getting rather accustomed to these rest days! The journey north was incredibly entertaining, leap frogging all the traffic like true Italians. Our parents would have had nightmares to see us and the other riders weave through the traffic. It felt brilliant and the Italian drivers are very respectful and often move out the way, maybe they’re just petrified and want us gone as soon as possible!

    After a quick stop at the biggest Dainese store that I’ve ever seen, we hit the Alps and set up camp for the night. What a brilliant little campsite! I’m looking forward to the next few days!

    HIGHLIGHTS - lunch at Lake Garda, chicken skipping like true Italians, beautiful campsite
    LOW POINTS - traffic is 30c heat
    ROADS - SS42 (not beautiful but fun!)
    Read more