Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Last day in Bordeaux

    May 10, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    Our last day in Bordeaux was unique - we went to La Cite du vin, which is a wine museum!! It was a really modern museum that took you thru everything to do with wine that you could think of, and ended with a tasting on the top of the building overlooking the city. Was a very cool experience.

    Then we headed over to Bassin de Lumieres for a one hour show. This was absolutely incredible! This exhibit is very hard to describe. It was works of art, paintings, graphically set to music and somewhat animated - displayed over the water, and on all the walls and floor in an old MASSIVE submarine bay from WW2. The French have done a remarkable job of repurposing old buildings. This literally brought me to tears at one point, as it was almost overwhelming to all the senses. The videos and pictures won’t do it justice. It was absolutely mesmerizing.

    We also walked by the most amazing wine store I’ve ever seen. Three stories, straight up, all displayed on a spiral staircase. It caught my attention.

    Finished the evening hanging around a Starbucks (to use their wifi to plan our next city), and then had wine, bread, cheese and meats for dinner sitting outside at a cafe. Beautiful night.
    Read more