Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Prague’s weather causing issues

    June 20, 2022 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    Miles: 3.73 Steps: 9702
    Flights stairs: 9

    This is the first town where we have been seriously hampered by the weather. Pretty good considering we’re going on 90 days of travel. Yesterday it was stifling hot - 100° in the shade! So we didn’t do much but shop in the mall. Today we tried to go out, but a giant storm blew in, took the temps down to 50-60’s with severe rain, thunder and lighting, so we gave up and went back to our hostel mid day knowing the forecast was much better the next few days. crossing our fingers.

    We did go to a few things before heading “home”. We saw the Dancing house - they also call it “Fred and Ginger” here. It’s a building that is meant to look like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing. It was pretty neat.

    Then we headed to the “Head of Franz Kafka” - a sculpture of a German famous writer. It was not running because of the weather, but it was supposed to change forms and spin. We’re going to try to see it again before we leave and see if it’s working.

    We went out in the evening after the storm passed and went to Letna Park, which is close to where we’re staying. Gave us a nice view of the sunset and of the city below.

    During this trip in some cities I add in a few extra days here and there to “rest”, do laundry, get shopping done, plan the next countries, things like that. Luckily that was the case here in Prague so we had a few extra days to give. It was nice to just sit and relax and take it easy. And we have a private room at the hostel, so even better!!
    Read more