Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 104

    Hello London!

    July 3, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    Miles: 6.9 Steps: 16148
    Flights stairs: 4

    We left Norway this morning, bright and early at 5:00am. We had a 20 minute walk to the tram station (for an hour ride to the airport). Unfortunately, the forecast was finally right and we did the walk in the pouring rain! Was tough starting our day all wet, but we survived.

    After our absolutely miserable experience in Amsterdams airport last flight, we were pleasantly surprised at Bergens airport. It was so efficiently run - probably the best setup and run airport I’ve ever seen. No lines to check in - you did a self check in, printed your own luggage label, and even scanned and put your bag on the conveyor belt yourself. Pretty slick process. And security was run even better. What a nice experience.

    We got into London and got oriented as we usually do. Felt our way thru the mass transit system. We could definitely see why their metro is called “the tube”. It was so narrow and tight, it felt like you were literally in a tube.

    Saw neat things as we walked around the city getting to our hotel. Weird to see the cars on the left side of the road - and we even walk on the left side when in busy areas. And crossing the streets everywhere they have signs on the road telling you what direction to look for traffic in, since there’s so many one way streets. Very helpful actually.

    Tomorrow we’ll go out and start exploring this massive city! Can’t wait.
    Read more