Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 185

    Lan Ha Bay

    September 22, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 84 °F

    We spent the day cruising Lan Ha Bay, which is right next to Halong Bay. Lan Ha is very similar but with a fraction of the tourists so very peaceful and serene. When we headed out it was fairly nice, but as the day went on the weather got rougher and rougher. In the end, we kind of liked it better then if it was just a beautiful blue skied day. We got to see Vietnam in its full glory, at the end of monsoon season.

    Rain is nothing new for me being raised in the Pacific NW - I’ve visited Detroit Michigan during massive thunderstorms - and of course, the rain I’ve experienced in South Carolina is far from tame. But this here is something that has to be experienced to believe. I’ve never seen it downpour so hard, for so long. It POURED for HOURS! Amazing to watch and be out in.

    It was a beautiful tour of the limestone rocks. We left thru an old fishing floating village where they are farming local fish. Amazing to see people living on this floating “city”. We drove out a few hours into the bay and then got into kayaks and paddles around the bay, stopping at beaches and swimming. Then got back to the boat where people jumped from the third story!! Showered, then we’re fed a beautiful Vietnamese seafood lunch before cruising back for two hours.

    It was a beautiful day!
    Read more