Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 188

    Hue, Vietnam

    September 25, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 84 °F

    We left Cat Ba Island today - took a bus, ferry, bus and plane to Hue which is in central Vietnam. Flights within Vietnam are SO cheap - like $30 each way cheap. We upgraded to their first class for almost nothing - never flown that way before. Fun to be the first person off the plane!

    Hue is much nicer than Hanoi. Less people, less garbage, less crowded - pretty. It’s a much smaller city. Hue is smack dab in the middle of the country between North and South Vietnam - so it took quite a beating during the Vietnam War. Sad as so many things were destroyed during that time period - and a reminder of what they went through.

    We took off right away and saw a few sites since we’re only here one day. Saw the Thien Mu Pagoda which is right on the Perfume River. Then went to the Ancient Imperial City.

    I am LOVING the food in Vietnam, at least all the noodle dishes. We had a meal today that was to die for - “Bun bo nam bo” with Banana, coconut & chocolate crepes for dessert! I didn’t realize the French influence over Vietnam - they colonized the country in the late 1800’s - they eventually revolted and kicked the French out, but their influence remains, especially in some of the food.

    3.98 miles
    Read more