Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Iconic Sydney

    October 1, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 88 °F

    We began our day climbing the Sydney Bridge! There are three ways to climb it - the free way (just going across the deck), the Pylon lookout for $20 (which is ascending 170 steps up the tower on the side of the bridge), or the full on climb over the arch (which costs $240!). As much as we wanted to climb the arch, we couldn’t bring ourselves to pay that much so went with the second option, up the pylon. It was a great view, and a great choice.

    Then we headed thru the city, meandered thru a street market and then boarded a ferry to see the Sydney Opera House from the water. A definite bucket list item for both of us.

    We took the ferry out to the infamous Sydney Bondi Beach. It’s a Sunday here so VERY crowded. The water was really cold so we just took a walk in the surf and opted out of swimming. Hopefully will be warmer up north.

    Jordans not been feeling well so she headed back to the hotel and I took a hike to the Hornby lighthouse. I got out to the mouth of the Sydney Harbor, sat on a cliff in the shade of the lighthouse, watched the beautiful ocean and contemplated life. Fun surprise is I was able to see many whales surfacing as I sat there. Really cool experience.

    Jordan and I went out again after dark, boarded another ferry and saw the harbor all lit up. It was really pretty.

    9.86 miles
    Read more