Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Yogjakarta, Java

    October 13, 2014 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Cut it, smash it, roll it, steam it! is how Daft Punk would have described our day: cooking class!

    We set out to do a cooking class in every country we would visit and today we did our Indonesian one.

    In the morning our group of 4 and our teacher went to the market. Loud, full, chicken heads and livers, fish, tons of known and unknown vegetables. Just great! And if you have a local with you also very cheap ;).
    We started the cooking with having some cake. Excellent way to start working on something! Green cake to be precise. Looked strange, tasted normal. Then we started making the 2 recipes we chose plus a ton of side dishes. We chose Pepes Tahu Jamur, tofu and mushrooms in a paste of spices, chili, and eggs steamed in a banana leave, and Ayam Kemangi, a chicken curry with coconut milk. Among the side dishes was fried Tempe, water spinach and of course sambol. For dessert we got to try jackfruit. Everything was super delicious and we can't even think of eating anything else 7 hours later.

    In the evening Claire went for a silver workshop and made herself a ring! Just in time for our 1 month anniversary today! Woop Woop!
    Read more