Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Kep

    November 14, 2014 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    This morning we got on the boat from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien, the Super Dong (ba dum tss)! Then we asked one last time if Dong was an acceptable payment method for goods and services. Upon confirmation we got our Dong out and paid (ba dum tss, ba dum tss!). Imagine childish laughter here...we also estimate that the total of like 3 people will understand and/or laugh about this joke ;).

    Between Vietnam and Cambodia we had to wait a while. We had lunch with an English couple which actually made it worth the wait. On the border we experienced the usual try to gain the additional dollar here or there from us. Boy did the border guard look disappointed ad we whipped out our vaccination certificates without which you allegedly have to pay an extra fee to enter Cambodia. 1 Dollar saved. Yessssssss!

    Now we are in Kep, Cambodia and this is one nice but very small and sleepy town. We are in a very nice hostel which is swarmed by French people. To the nonexistent city center it is quite far but we decided to walk nonetheless until the famous crab market (It was so far that the tuktuk ride back cost us 3 USD). But Claire is allergic to seafood and Karsten doesn't like it, so we had fish and chicken with pepper sauce which was DE-LI-CIOUS. Now we still have to find out what to do here ;).
    Read more