Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Phnom Penh

    November 28, 2014 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    So, we actually arrived here on Tuesday and didn't post anything yet...there just isn't much in PP. Buuuut we were very happy to meet some people we got to know in Labuan Bajo. Chance was that we were all in PP the same time. Really great and we basically spent the days together, so not much time for writing ;).

    Spending time together obviously includes drinking beer which is more expensive than in Vietnam, except for the happy hour along the river side. On Wednesday we checked off some of the tourist stuff and visited some pagodas, the national museum (from the outside) and the kings palace. Inside the kings palace is a Pagoda whose floor is made from silver tiles. Note to self: don't get silver tiles as floor pieces in the flat. Highly uncomfortable!

    On Thursday we went to the killing fields and the S-21 prison, the two major memorials for the horrific crimes committed by the Khmer Rouge. You'll have to read up on that yourself because those atrocities just leave us at a loss for words.

    Today we organized a bit which we pushed off a bit too long so we have to spend an extra night here in PP because the bus we wanted to take was already full. But tomorrow we will leave Cambodia's capital for Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor Wat.
    Read more