Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    City day

    February 26, 2016 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    (By Lisa) Bariloche is a funny place. We were expecting an Argentine version of Kendal and were very wrong. It is a big, busy town. On the plus side it has banks with functioning ATMs and 21st century wifi.

    We spent the morning in the centre but soon decided to head out and took the 1950's cable car up to Cerro Otto. We had lunch in their Swiss style revolving restaurant at the top while enjoying spectacular views over Lago Nahuel Huapi. The thing moves pretty fast. The other surprise was a Michaelangelo exhibition in the little complex at the summit. It also has a club and a 'microcinema'.

    Our current lake district plan is to go on a guided bike tour tomorrow morning and then explore the lakeshore here. Then on Sunday we saddle up with our gear in panniers for a 4-6 day bike trip around the seven lakes route (ruta de los siete lagos) to San Martin de los Andes and most of the way back. Not going to camp but stay in hostels and little hotels. There will be no wifi or mobile signal, including on my birthday 😢 - but I did take a photo of the cards I received before I left which I can look at.
    Read more