Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 6 Seville City Tour

    November 4, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Early morning coffee delivery! The tour started at 9 am so I was able to wash my hair :). City tour on the bus 🚌 and walking to through some garden and to the restrooms at the hospital. Cari and I both bought jewelry from the same store but didn’t see each other until it was time to get back on the bus to Plaza de Espana which was built in 1920 for the 1929 exhibitions, along the wall by the canal are 48 alcoves with benches, one for each province of Spain, each with a relevant tableau and map, all designed on colourful azulejos (painted ceramic tiles). In a further regional reference, the four bridges represent the four ancient kingdoms of Spain: Castille, Aragon, Navarre and Leon. Continuing the tour we went to the Holy Church Seville Cathedral. What an amazing cathedral. The largest gothic cathedral in the world. It started out at as Islamic mosque, than a Christian mosque and a gothic cathedral. Christopher Columbus had a statue built for his coffin in Cuba and it was 4 men holding a casket decorated to tell stories. The body was exhumed several years ago and only one finger was found in there. It was verified to be Christopher Columbus’s. He was sent to jail for the atrocities he committed in other countries, in the name of Christianity. When Queen Isabella sent him to jail he protested stating he didn’t do the killing, she stated he was responsible for his people. She was a bad ass! He died in jail. Over 23k square feet, mass is regularly held in the altar mayor, which houses gold statues floor to ceiling, and has a functioning organ. There were gold and silver replicas throughout. After the tour we went souvenir shopping and stopped for lunch. We had a bowl of wonderful tasting green olives , cameron fritters, and a salad with goat cheese, pecan, pasta and rocket (arugula) with sangria.
    Back on the bus, organized for tomorrow and had a Gorgonzola burger at Foster’s Hollywood, we arrived at 4:25 and they closed ad 4:30....phew just in time. Flamenco show at 6:30pm. It was a great show, there was a variety of performances with singing, (gypsy kings style ) individual dancers, men with tight asses! :) , short stories and partners. It was very colorful and enjoyable. It was better than the one I saw in Barcelona. I bought castanets to have at the house and play. In our room by 9:00pm to get ready for our last day !
    Read more