Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 4 Toldeo Saturday

    November 2, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Typical breakfast and time to leave at 8:30, arriving in Toledo 1 hour later. we arrived at the hilltop towns and had to take 3 escalators to the top. Toledo is a city that was built and occupied by the Muslim moor, the Jews and Christians. Together they built a synagogue that later turned into a church. The cobblestone street were shared by pedestrians and vehicles alcantada bridge Historical bridges see castle 110protect 3000 word come from Arabic. Intellectual jokes were by the Jewish community. In the 1300’s. Until 1300 the language was Arabic.Went to the Greco Museum which was painted in oil on canvas. He studied under Michael Angelo. We ate lunch outside just as it started to sprinkle. We shared lamb chops, pastas, tomato based soup. Did a little shopping, bought Mile a stuffed toy bull and a NAO lladro for his first birthday. We walked back to the bus on our way to. Granada a 5 hour ride. Leaving the La Mancha region crossing over to the Andalusia region.
    La Mancha land region Don Quijote manchengo goat cheese and can be eaten at different stages of curing. . Olive oil, wine and wheat
    Andalusia: has largest area of olive trees, a sea of green. Most of the olive oil has some Spain in it . We arrive at the Gran Luna Hotel around 7:00pm, the room was very nice and the bathroom was a nice size. The windows opened for fresh air. The lack luster buffet dinner was at. 8:30pm then we took a walk around the area with Sue and Cathy. Back to the room to prepare for tomorrow. Buenas Noches Granada!
    Read more