Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Sunday Fun Day

    June 25, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Today was all about the kids.

    This morning we went to visit the Edinburgh camera obscura and the associated World of Illusions museum. The camera obscura offers a 360 degree view of Edinburgh from the top of a 6 storey building. The camera and views were interesting, but let's face it, we were there for the Illusions museum. It was 5 storeys of weird and wonderful illusions. Very hands on. We all had a great time... until Tom slammed himself into a mirror in the middle of the mirror maze and did himself an injury. Nothing serious, more of a bruised ego than a bruised body, but it put a bit of a downer on the last little bit of the visit for him.

    We then walked back to our apartment to grab some lunch.

    In the afternoon the rain set in, so we donned our rain jackets and hit the buses in search of further adventure.

    As is becoming our habit on this trip our first stop was a putt putt golf course. Tom was on fire, and won easily. A future Tiger Woods perhaps.

    The afternoon was still young and the rain was getting heavier so our next destination (actually, in the same building complex we were already at) was ten pin bowling. Dani started out with a strike, but it was all downhill for her from there. She ended up in last place. It was a close fought battle for second place with Annabelle just taking the honors from Tom. The winner was Simon, including a three-strike turkey 🦃 in the middle of the game.

    Back to the bus and a quick stop at the shops and then back to the apartment to refresh before dinner.
    Read more