Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    London

    July 3, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Today we left Sam and Steff, and have moved into our final accommodation for the trip. We have 6 nights at Nell Gwynn House in Chelsea.

    It turns out that Chelsea is quite an upmarket location, with lots of high end shops, and every second car parked on the street is a Mercedes, Porsche or similar.

    Following our time in Paris we wanted a slower day, so we opted for jumping on a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour of the key city highlights in an open aired double decker bus.

    The weather was quite mixed, it was windy and cool one minute, raining the next, and then 5 minutes later the sun was out and everyone was stripping back to t-shirt shirts.

    It was a relaxing way to spend an afternoon. It allowed us to see the main parts of London and to get a better feel for how the city is laid out. A detour due to road works prevented us from seeing Buckingham Palace, but we will probably visit it later in the week so that was ok.

    Our accommodation has a kitchen so we were able to have some much needed home cooking for dinner. After so many meals eating out it was quite a relief.
    Read more