Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 9

    Day 9 - Anglesey to Blackpool

    25 de junho de 2023, Inglaterra ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    We started our day with a drive around the Isle of Anglesey. It was a more picturesque drive than the main road we arrived on yesterday. We had left early, as usual, and the was little or no traffic on the roads.

    We crossed the Menai Bridge to leave the isle and arrived in Bangor. The Menai Bridge is a suspension bridge that spans the Menai Strait, connecting the island of Anglesey to the mainland of Wales. It is considered an engineering marvel of its time and was the world's first modern suspension bridge. It is 1,511 feet long and has a main span of 579 feet.

    We followed the northern Wales coastline and marvelled at the Gwynt y Môr Wind Farm, a 576-megawatt offshore wind farm. It is the fifth largest operating offshore wind farm in the world, and the farm has 160 wind turbines of 150 metres tip height above mean sea level.

    We had a late breakfast in Ruthin and made it to Liverpool for lunch. By the time we were ready to leave Liverpool, a heavy shower made it a little more muggy. We are now back in England and heading to the Lake District tomorrow after staying overnight in Blackpool.
    Leia mais