Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 16

    Day 16 - Inverness to John O’Groats

    2 juli 2023, Schotland ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    The weather turned lousy today, wet, windy and overcast. There was no driving with the roof down today. We had our customary early start and quickly found ourselves over the Kessock Bridge and out of Inverness. The plan was to drive to Cromarty and get the short ferry ride across the Moray Firth to Nigg. Unfortunately, the ferry service wasn't turning today's, so we turned around and followed the road along the Cromarty Firth to get back on track.

    As you continued north, we passed through quaint villages and towns such as Tain, Golspie, and Brora. The next stretch of the journey took us through the rugged and remote landscapes of Caithness. The scenery here is stark and dramatic, with towering cliffs and rugged coastline. Though we were keeping a lookout, we didn't see any whales.

    Being a Sunday, all the towns and villages we passed through were closed. I guess they were all at church. However, we did find an open laundromat in Wick, so we could get some clothes washed.

    As you approach John O’Groats, you'll see the famous signpost that marks the northernmost point of the British mainland. However, our accommodation host reminded us that dunnet heads, just down the road, is, in fact the northernmost point of the mainland. I think he may be right.
    Meer informatie