Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Day 41 - Verona to Modena

    July 27, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    After a big day yesterday, we had a sleep-in this morning. We even had time to sit and eat breakfast in the hotel. So, it was after 9.00 am before we set off. Though we only had 170 kilometres to travel, we took several backroads on our way to Modena to make it more interesting.

    The land between Verona and Modena is primarily used for agriculture, wheat, corn, melons, olives, tomatoes, among other things. It was a slow drive due to the nature of the roads. Though paved, the roads were uneven with potholes and crumbling surface. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our drive.

    The are two Ferrari museums, the Museo Ferrari in Maranello and the Museo Enzo Ferrari in Modena. The Museo Ferrari is dedicated to the history of the Ferrari sports car marque. In contrast, the Museo Enzo Ferrari is dedicated to the life and work of Enzo Ferrari, the founder of the Ferrari sports car manufacturer. We couldn't decide which to visit, so we went to both.

    As a car enthusiast, I enjoyed both museums, but if I had to choose one, the Museo Enzo Ferrari in Modena was the best museum in how they presented the cars and their history.
    Read more