Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Day 58 - Zurich to St Moritz

    August 13, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    We started our day driving along the side of Lake Zurich, one of the largest lakes in Switzerland. The sun was rising over the opposite side of the lake, and the sun was reflecting off the water. We stopped for a while to take in the serenity.

    We detoured through Liechtenstein and stopped briefly in Vaduz, the capital. As it was a Sunday, everything was shut, so we didn't stay long before moving on. We also drove through Davos on our way. Somehow I drove down a bus lane, and some locals gestured at me to get out of the bus lane. I am sure they recognised my UK licence plate and thought to themselves, how typical.

    Before getting to St Moritz, we had a mountain pass to climb. The Flüela Pass connects the towns of Davos and Susch and has an elevation of 2,383 metres. It was a less challenging mountain pass than the other day, but nonetheless enjoyable.

    We arrived early to check in and sat in the shade for an hour. Our accommodation looks like it has just been renovated and it has a kitchen. So, we can cook our dinner instead of going to an expensive Swiss restaurant. We are delighted with that.
    Read more