Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 59

    Day 59 - Spulgen Pass Loop

    14 de agosto de 2023, Suiza ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We started with a 100-kilometre drive through the Albula Pass and Juliet Pass. I didn't have the Albula Pass on my mountain pass wishlist, but I am glad I drove it. It was a nicely made road and passed through some lovely forests. Rob then drove, and we looped back through the Julier Pass, a major thoroughfare into St Moritz.

    On our return to St Moritz, we jumped on the Signal Bahn cable car up the Corviglia Mountain to get a panoramic view of St Moritz. Our accommodation hosts had given us a free pass to travel on the cable car, so too good an opportunity to miss. From the mountain, we could see just how beautiful St Moritz was.

    In the afternoon, we did a 200-kilometre loop over the Maloja and Splugen Passes. You could quickly be disappointed approaching the Maloja Pass from St Moritz. There are no winding roads as you approach the pass, and before you know it, you are past the sign that identifies the pass. However, going down the other side is a different matter. It is one of the tightest roads we have driven during our trip. It suited the roadster, and I enjoyed throwing the little car through the corners.

    Rob got to drive the Spulgen Pass. The corners on this pass were even tighter than the Maloja Pass. Rob had to drive cautiously through the tight corners and ensure he gave way to cars coming the other way. He had a big sigh of relief once he had reached the end. For our return to St Moritz, I got to have a spirited drive over the Julier Pass. The traffic was much lighter to earlier in the day, and I had an incredible drive in the afternoon sun.

    It was another great driving day, one to remember.
    Leer más