Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62

    Day 62 - Munich

    August 17, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    After breakfast, we made our way to the BMW Museum. We travelled via the U-Bahn, the underground rail network in Munich. It was a quick trip of only six stops, including a line change.

    The BMW Museum is dedicated to the history of the BMW brand and showcases some of the company's most iconic cars. It was a very different set up to the museum from when I was here in 2011. This year, BMW is celebrating 100 years of making motorcycles, so there was a significant display of motorbikes on display. However, there were still all of the BMW cars you would expect to see on display.

    From the BMW Museum, we walked over the road to BMW Welt, a multi-use exhibition centre designed to showcase BMW automobiles, technology and services. We also enquired about the factory tour. Unfortunately, August is a holiday month, so the factory was closed, and there were no tours.

    We then wandered over to see the 1972 Munich Stadium. The Olympic precinct is still an active area, where the public uses the Olympic Swimming Pool, and the Olympic Stadium hosts athlete and football events.

    We then travelled on the U-Bahn to Marienplatz, which is in the Old Town of Munich. Here we caught up with Jenny and Dave. Our sister-in-law, Debbie, had told us that her sister and brother-in-law were also in Munich. It was nice to catch up with them and chat about our respective trips over dinner.
    Read more