Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Cannot say “From Paris with Love”

    May 18, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    … because we did not go there.

    Although it was the original plan.

    From S.Sb to Paris it is nearly 8h on toll roads (Waze suggested around 101€ would be spent on tolls 🤪🤯) and nearly 11h on roads without tolls. Simply the cost of driving on some roads would equal to almost a full tank of fuel… We were not quite ready to drive for the 11h route either and considering the late arrival time when everything is closed - this was not a good option.

    Weighing all the complications and taking into account the fact that we both have been to Paris, we decided to skip that part of France altogether.

    Instead we chose Vichy!
    Because it sounded familiar to a water brand sold at home 😂

    —-

    It took a comparable amount of time and distance than Paris, to drive, so we arrived quite late. To our pleasant surprise the Le Loft de Grande Maison was fit for 6, so we had quite a luxurious attic with a terrace!

    http://www.booking.com/Share-ZzNjOU

    We’re gonna explore the town a few hours in the daylight tomorrow… 🥱

    PS. Getting things done in English language is historically difficult in all of France. The waiters do not understand what you order and you don’t understand what they have to offer… 😂 still some menus have pictures attached to items and some have subconsciously familiar words in them.

    The quick late night dinner we had upon arrival was nothing special to write about. Certainly not a culinary orgasm one would expect from the French cuisine. The problem here lied with the customers 😉
    Read more