Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Nuremburg (Nürburg)

    May 19, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    While driving from Baden-Baden we were engulfed by a thunderstorm. It was raining cats and dogs occasionally and the speed dropped to around 70kmh. The roads were amazingly efficient at diverting the rainwater, but the mist from other drivers reduced visibility to 50m. Sky was constantly lit with lightning close and afar… so that’s why we saw temperatures above 30*C before.

    Nürburg was strategically placed stay-over spot on our way back.

    From here onwards we hope to have our last night in Warsaw - and then already sleep at home 🏡

    We did not plan to visit any sights here or to spend here any more time than necessary, hoping to have a few hours to spend tomorrow in Dresden instead.

    We stayed at Radisson ParkInn - an affordable and a dependable bed.



    When a car enthusiast thinks of Nürburg, he imagines the Nürburgring (https://www.nuerburgring.de/) - so did I.

    And I really wished to drive one lap on this world-famous racetrack where car journalists have ordered all kind and type of cars by speed and handling. There are open-track days, accessible for everyone.

    Not one, but THREE, “known” unfortunate conditions inhibited us to enter the track:
    1. We would not arrive at open hours.
    2. The car is full of stuff which would fly around
    3. There seems to be a minor puncture in one of the front tires - there’s weird noise coming from it at certain speeds and I would really like to drive the car home myself…

    So maybe on another day… ☺️
    Read more