Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Santiago - The Day After

    October 18, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    It is our second day of recovery in Santiago. Honestly two days is all you need. Not that your body has recovered physically from the days of walking, but you have met up with all your “Camino family” by now and emotionally you need to move aside and let the incoming Pilgrims have their moment in the City.

    It is nearly impossible to describe this whole experience. In trying to gain perspective, your mind naturally tries to find other life experiences to compare it with. The only thing in my life I can begin to compare it to is childbirth. You can read about it, educate yourself, prep and train for what you think is ahead but in the end everyone has their own, unique experience.

    Everyone who makes it to the finish line has done it in their own way and on their own terms. Their pilgrimage is personal to them. Just like labor and delivery, it really doesn’t matter if you were alone in a cab or had an entire medical team to aid in the process. Whether it was natural or a c-section with an epidural, the end result is (typically) filled with insurmountable joy and your memory of all the drama and trauma fades over time and you are left with a feeling you could never imagine possible. Which is why some crazy people choose to do it more than once 😉.

    I predict we will be unpacking our thoughts and feelings for quite sometime. So don’t be surprised if when you ask us how our trip was, we look a little shell-shocked and perhaps a little speechless. All we know for sure, at this moment, is we will miss the morning coffee and the afternoon wine.

    Thank you for the grand adventure Spain!
    Buen Camino ❤️🇪🇸
    Read more